Dutch Founders is a venture capital fund and is currently looking for a Legal & Compliance Officer to join our team. Our fund which has already built up a portfolio of 9 tech businesses
As the Legal & Compliance Officer, you will immediately be afforded plenty of responsibility. This hire is a newly created position within the fund where you will be given the opportunity to mould and develop the role, whilst becoming a critical member of the funds team.
The role requires at least 4 years’ relevant post qualification legal experience gained within venture capital at a law firm or in-house with a venture capital or private equity fund. This is a very entrepreneurial outfit looking for a very entrepreneurial lawyer.
You will have venture capital expertise; demonstrate clear pattern recognition and familiarity with key trigger clauses, constructs and terms, as well as having strong transactional experience and being able to make recommendations in order to reach solutions to off-fairway problems.
As you will be working with key stakeholders, you will also need to be able to hold your own.
Legal Affairs (60%)
- Financing transaction management (20%): Manage all aspects of an VC transaction, including drafting and negotiating NDAs, letters of intent, and definitive agreements, advising on deal structure and legal risks, conducting legal due diligence and drafting definitive deal documents. Serve as coordinator between the investment team and outside laywer on transactions.
- Compliance management (15%): Execute on required tasks necessary for the firm to fulfill its reporting and documentation obligations related to compliance with AFM/DNB regulations and internal processes and procedures. Maintain and update compliance policies as necessary.
- Privacy management (5%): Set up, lead and provide training where applicable on policy revisions, KYC and AML
- Other legal affairs (20%): Other legal matters, review of vendor and employee contracts, review of non-disclosure agreements, and playing a role in future fund formations. Manage the day to day relationship with external regulators and fund administrators.
- Supporting the team (5%): Work closely on a variety of projects relating to legal, business and compliance matters, including, for example, reviewing insurance policies, and interpreting AFM/DNB rules.
- Business Operations (10%): Plan for and execute on a wide range of operational priorities that occur as a fund grows.
- Investor Relations (10%): Work with one of the firm’s partners to support the firm’s investor relations and fundraising activities. These activities include managing a database of institutional asset managers and coordinating with the finance, investment, legal and marketing to create compelling materials which address potential investors’ inquiries.
- Experience of managing the compliance for a VC or PE fund
- Previous relevant experience working within the PE, VC or investment management industry
- Comfortable working within a small diverse team and with people at all levels
- The drive and motivation to want to build out the funds legal and compliance function
In return they can offer both a fantastic culture, package and market leading exposure to VC work.