Legal counsel @ VC Dutch Founders Fund
The Dutch Founders Fund, a B2B-oriented venture capital fund, is currently looking to hire a Legal counsel to join our team.
As the Legal counsel, you will be granted a great deal of responsibility. This is a new position, where you will be given the opportunity and freedom to mold and develop your own role – all whilst becoming a critical member of the funds’ team.
An ideal candidate would have several years of professional legal experience in a fast-paced environment (ideally in a corporate/M&A department of an international law firm). We are looking for candidates with a genuine interest in venture capital/startups. This means that you need to have entrepreneurial grit; you are a fast learner who can work independently and with a proactive stance.
We are looking for individuals with profound knowledge of key trigger clauses, legal construct and terms. You are familiar with transactions and are able to provide recommendations to resolve complex (legal) issues.
Please apply if you are diligent, professional and confident, as you will be working with various senior stakeholders.
- Supporting the transaction processes for our investments by advising the investment team.
- Advising our investment team on the structuring of investment transactions and commercial terms of the investment.
- Ensuring proper documentation is in place for accounting and reporting purposes, as well as drafting transaction summaries.
- Providing other general legal- and administrative support on matters relevant to our fund.
- Frequently reviewing and updating compliance policies.
- Lawyer with several years (preferably) of professional experience in a fast-paced environment (ideally in a corporate/M&A department of an international law firm).
- Experience with corporate/M&A transactions. Exposure to Venture Capital transactions is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to support transactions and negotiations on behalf of Dutch Founders Fund
- Interest in the economics and calculations behind transactions.
- Fluent in English (95% of the legal work would be in English).
- Flexible, with the ability to adapt to changing environments quickly.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Experience in financial-regulation law would be a plus, but not a hard requirement.
- Opportunity to work in a successful entrepreneurial Venture Capital Fund with an international team.
- Work directly and hands-on with our investment team and startups.
- Be part of an international, driven, talented and result-oriented team.
- Have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
- An opportunity to leave your suits behind and wear sneakers to work.
- Flexible work environment and the ability to work from home on a regular basis.
We strongly encourage women, BIPOC, the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply. The Dutch Founders Fund welcomes everyone.